Friday, March 4, 2011

Easter items I’ve been working on

Hi Blog Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some of the beautiful sunny spring like days we’ve had lately.

Old man winter is still trying to hold on in my neck of the woods, but I’m being optimistic that spring is just around the corner.

I took a break from crafting a few days ago to stop at some of my junk shops and GW shops in my area, but only found a few wood bowls to make over. I can’t wait for the yard sale season to start, so I can get out there and find some good bargains. I did actually stop at a yard/moving sale today and found a bunch of plastic candy cane yard stakes, but the guy wanted to much money for them. I think he thought his junk was priceless. lol. Oh well, I come across these types from time to time an figure they can just keep it if it’s worth that much to them.

I have a few things I can share pics of that I’ve finished up lately. For some reason I feel like I work on stuff all the time but just spin my wheels getting anything done!

basil bunny 003

Wendy at Ravenwood Whimzies is hosting a Basil Bunny challenge, so I joined in on the fun an created this as my version of Basil bunny. I’m pleased with how she turned out.

easter crafts 011 

I purchased the Peter Rabbit pattern from Kentucky Primitives and have been enjoying making this cute rabbit. I did some with black painted heads and some with brown stained heads. So far my local customers are liking the brown headed bunnies.

easter crafts 001

These bunnies were made using a pattern offered by Tennessee Ridge Primitives as a free pattern on her website. I love how they turned out. I used an old cutter quilt for the pocket and did two coats of grungy stain on them.

easter crafts 009

This is a cute simple pattern by Primitive Annies. It was a free pattern I found last year surfing the net.

easter crafts 002

Something different to break up the monotony. I did a stack of prim stars, which was adapted from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives.

 easter crafts 004easter crafts 006

I wanted to try my hand at making some 3-d prim eggs from cloth, so after trial and error, these are what I came up with. I really like how they turned out. The pic’s not very good but they are pretty grungy in person. I used a paper egg carton and stained it with coffee, then put some prim grass under each egg.  I found some paper Kraft eggs at Michaels today – my SIL Amy over at Bumble Bee Lane asked me to be on the look out for them for her, so I picked up some for me too and want to try this arrangement with them and see which I like better. I’m thinking the cloth ones are more primitive, but they are a pain in the you no where to make.lol.

That’s all I have for now, and have piles of items waiting for me to get them finished so, as always thanks for stopping by and hope to post some new items soon.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Prim Blessings,

Jean

13 comments:

  1. Hi Jean: Just love all your new prims! Your basil is my favorite too.
    Have a great weekend!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Peter Rabbits are looking good, and still adore your version of Basil! Have a nice weekend dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    Love all your new prims, you have been busy! My favourite has to be the ones by Kentucky Primitives, I love those rabbits and I too did a couple with plain brown stained faces.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Blesisngs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Jean, I have to quit looking at your blog, only kidding. I want one of each. I love everything that you make. the basil bunny is awesome!!! And love the other bunnies, stars and eggs. You are so talented. I love looking at your new creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean~ Those eggs turned out really nice.I love your version of Basil.Love the tan and white you used for the dress.Looks fresh but prim.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your bunnies and eggs. Thanks for sharing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all!great job!I know what you mean about the high priced yard sales.Ive been to quite a few myself.have a great weekend!blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Basil is adorable! I like all the things you have created. I just got done making some of the Tennessee Ridge Bunnies too! Yours turned out great!
    Prim Blessings! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your new prim goodies!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Lady Basil is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to go to your booth and get me a peter rabbit. You have to quit tempting me!! I love your things Jean, I am so blessed that your booth is so close, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I can't believe you say you feel like you just spin your wheels to get anything done... I am ALWAYS amazed at the speed in which you crank out your handmades! You always have new and cute things to show all the time. These latest Easter handmades are adorable, all of them! Keep on cranking! =]

    ReplyDelete