Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring sharing

Hi Blog Friends,

I’ve been busy working on some Easter/ Spring items and have a few pics to share with you.

001003
This is a prim grungy rabbit made from a Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern.  I had this pattern last year and never got to make him, so since I wanted to start making prim Easter goodies, I just had to try this one out. He is a big guy sitting about 18” not including his ears or feet.

009
And lots of Easter egg bowl fillers! I mean lots. They have sold out in my booth for the last two weekends. I’m so glad people have found my little booth and are enjoying the items I make. It really makes me feel loved to know others really want to purchase the items I make to decorate their homes.
 
004007006
I love how these turned out. I have to admit, I stole this idea. I was in a little shop a few weeks ago and seen these little flower pot arrangements and fell in love with them. First, when I picked one up it had made in China on it so it’s not like a private designer and then the price on it about blew me away at $16.95 each. I just knew I could make something similar and a lot cheaper.
So here’s what I did. You take a 3 1/2 to 4” clay flower pot and paint the pot with burnt umber paint. I only did one coat and let some of the clay pot show thru. Then get some twig roping and form it to make a nest on top of the pot. Use rusty wire to hold the twig roping in it nest form. Once you have the nest the way you want it take a hot glue gun and run a bead of hot glue around the top of the pot and press the nest down hard onto the rim. Hold for a minute to let glue set. then you can use spanish moss to fill the pot and center of nest. Then embellish with a small flower, violet or a few small eggs. I made the eggs from baking clay, then painted and speckled them.  I also tied a natural color raffia around the pot and added a tag. How easy is that! I might have to include one in my secret box. shhhh. Don’t tell.

Don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway! Drawing is Sunday 2/20.
Thank you for stopping by, 
Prim Blessings,
Jean

12 comments:

  1. Jean~ Those little nest pots turned out wonderful.Love the eggs! I'm working on pantry cakes today they smell wonderful through the house,hope the come out of the molds once they dry.Can't wait to see what's in your surprise giveaway.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jean! How festive your blog page is and so ready for Spring! I love the little potted nests. I saw some at a shop and thought to myself, those wouldn't be difficult to make! These were from China also, and the price was $19.95 for the same size you made!!!!
    Hope you have a great productive day-I'm hoping to as well.
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I just love everything! The rabbit is adorable, the eggs are super cute and the nest pots are wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beginning to look alot like SPRING here Jean!!!! I love the background and bunnies and eggs,and I just love the fact that there is NO SNOW here:D Ours is slowly starting to melt, low 60's here today so Imma head out to the antique mall;) Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Your Bunny and eggs. I have created the Nest Pots in the past... they are fun and you can change them up with the seasons.

    Thanks for sharing a touch of Spring with all of us as we all wait patiently for the real thing to make its entrance!!

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST LOVE YOUR BUNNY AND EGGS! ADORABLE!!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the things you have gotten done,
    they have turned out great! I am glad to hear that your things are selling, that is good in this economy!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how these turned out.I am so copying this idea for my friend at Easter time..;) and for me too..thanks for sharing;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great, wish I could visit your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean, I love your new rabbit, he is awesome!! I love the flower pots and Easter eggs, Yea, I bought some of those and they are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eggs in the twig nest I really like
    plain and simple....

    ReplyDelete
  12. How simple the nest in the clay pot would be and it would make such a cute spring arrangement! Thanks for sharing your tips and instructions on making it. Cute bunny and eggs!

    ReplyDelete