Saturday, August 21, 2010

Does anyone know what these are called?

yard sale find 001

Hi blog friends,

I found these at a yard sale (a whole crate of them) and had to get them cause they were very old and very cheap!! I know people paint on them, but I can not for the life of me figure out what they are called, or what they were used for. They look like old roof shingles or something like that?? Even my puppers, Snoopy can’t figure them out!! lol.

And what are these??

I found them in the bottom of the box.

yard sale find 002

They are rusty metal, The one on the left has a hook atop a socket thingy and the one on the right has an old hand forged metal pin, holding on a metal slide plate. Kinda like a plow thingy. They have me stumped.

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me anything about them.

Prim Blessings,



  1. I think they are mink stretchers?

  2. They are Mink Boards...used to paint on them all the time...

    Harvest Moon Prims

  3. "Pelt" boards or "stretcher" boards .... they are used to stretch out and dry pelts of fur.

  4. Yikes, no wonder Snoopy was curious about them.
    Thanks Ladies.