Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting ready for Heritage Days in my booth

Good Evening Everyone,

I have some new things to show off tonight.  It’s been so busy here trying to get things done for the fall Heritage days festival this weekend, here in New Market VA. I do not set up in town for the event but the booth I have at the Flea Market is getting a make over for the event.

I’m going tomorrow to change the look of my booth and try to incorporate both fall and winter. Once I get it the way I want, I’ll take a picture or two of it to share.

The leaves are really starting to change in the valley now. That brings quite a few travelers down to the Shenandoah’s to drive thru Skyline Drive to look at the foliage changing. They also stop at flea markets!! So I am taking full advantage of the opportunity to sell my crafts.

winter crafts 004  

Here’s what I call a prim style bucket bench. It’s black over white. Then stained to age.

winter crafts 005

 I made three different size benches. They always sell well in my booth. I love making them they are pretty simple. 

winter crafts 006 winter crafts 008

Here’s a picture of the Santa I showed in an earlier post. I think he turned out pretty nice.

winter crafts 011

winter crafts 015

I carved out the outlines in his face and hood and used an aging medium to darken the carvings.

I made a couple of these prim witch owls and just love how they turned out.  It is a pattern by The Back Shed.

winter crafts 010

Here are the snowmen finished. I showed you the bodies lying around waiting to be finished in an earlier post. Oh so cute! They are a pattern by My Primitive Saltbox.

winter crafts 012

This little cutie is a pattern from Lillie Mae Crafts. All of Brenda’s patterns are free. Thank you Brenda, I loved making this cute prim bear.

winter crafts 013

winter crafts 001

Here’s a picture of the Christmas Tree I’m going to use in my booth.  It’s tall, skinny and very sparse. I purchased this tree about 8 yrs ago at a place in Pennsylvania. I love how it looks when it’s decorated, but I can’t do lights on it in my booth because of no electrical outlets. I thought if I show my ornies hanging on a tree they may sell better.

Well that’s it for now, got a busy day tomorrow getting things changed over.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Prim Blessings,

Jean

1 comment:

  1. I love that cute little owl! Enjoy your weekend! Don't work too hard! ♥

    ReplyDelete