Saturday, March 12, 2011

Woodworking

Hi Blog Friends,

After all the rain on Thursday, the sun showed itself on Friday and I got to do some woodworking for a change.

I was looking through A Primitive Place magazine and found some patterns I wanted to try.

The first one was making a primitive style soap holder.

Last summer I purchase a bin of old pelt stretchers and have been wanting to do something really unique with them. Once I seen the pattern for the soap holder, I knew right away what I could use to make them.

woodworkings 002

I purchase some old wood bowls from the thrift store a few weeks ago and hadn't got around to priming them yet. Glad I didn’t.

woodworkings 005  woodworkings 007

So, what do you think? I love how it turned out! I even made the old grungy soap to go in it.

And since I was on a roll, I tried my hand at making a primitive style hanging candle holder.

woodworkings 001woodworkings 003

I even made the grungy candles! I love how old world it turned out too.

It was so nice to get to do some wood crafts for a change. I can’t wait til the weather stays warm so I can do some of the other wood crafts I have planed.

Gotta go put these in my selling booth! Have a great weekend!

Prim Blessings, Jean

Ps. please say a prayer for all the people whom have had so much devastation in their lives these past days.

11 comments:

  1. They are FAB Jean!! I love the soap bowl holder...how did you get the bowl attached? Way Cool!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, you know you are tempting me. You do an awesome job with whatever you touch. I love them both. I am going to have to pinch myself to stay away from your booth for awhile. I don't know if I can take it.
    I know the devavstation is terrible in Japan, I will be praying for them!!! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out GREAT!!!! LOVE the soap holder, you are very creative;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!great job!have a wonderful weekend!blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They turned out great. Love the soapholder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Jean they both turned out great!
    I love the soap holder!
    Prim Blessings! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finishes Jean!!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been contemplating this soap dish/bowl for some time, waiting for it to be warm enough to work in my unheated garage! I have planned to use a bread board. I have never seen these pelt stretchers before. They are pretty cool. I really love the candle holder. Where did you find a tapered rod?
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soap holder, awesome and creative idea Jean! So cute how you have it decorated and the prim soap is adorable too! Very neat candle holder, love it also!

    ReplyDelete