Hi Blog Friends,
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some of the beautiful sunny spring like days we’ve had lately.
Old man winter is still trying to hold on in my neck of the woods, but I’m being optimistic that spring is just around the corner.
I took a break from crafting a few days ago to stop at some of my junk shops and GW shops in my area, but only found a few wood bowls to make over. I can’t wait for the yard sale season to start, so I can get out there and find some good bargains. I did actually stop at a yard/moving sale today and found a bunch of plastic candy cane yard stakes, but the guy wanted to much money for them. I think he thought his junk was priceless. lol. Oh well, I come across these types from time to time an figure they can just keep it if it’s worth that much to them.
I have a few things I can share pics of that I’ve finished up lately. For some reason I feel like I work on stuff all the time but just spin my wheels getting anything done!
Wendy at Ravenwood Whimzies is hosting a Basil Bunny challenge, so I joined in on the fun an created this as my version of Basil bunny. I’m pleased with how she turned out.
I purchased the Peter Rabbit pattern from Kentucky Primitives and have been enjoying making this cute rabbit. I did some with black painted heads and some with brown stained heads. So far my local customers are liking the brown headed bunnies.
These bunnies were made using a pattern offered by Tennessee Ridge Primitives as a free pattern on her website. I love how they turned out. I used an old cutter quilt for the pocket and did two coats of grungy stain on them.
This is a cute simple pattern by Primitive Annies. It was a free pattern I found last year surfing the net.
Something different to break up the monotony. I did a stack of prim stars, which was adapted from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives.
I wanted to try my hand at making some 3-d prim eggs from cloth, so after trial and error, these are what I came up with. I really like how they turned out. The pic’s not very good but they are pretty grungy in person. I used a paper egg carton and stained it with coffee, then put some prim grass under each egg. I found some paper Kraft eggs at Michaels today – my SIL Amy over at Bumble Bee Lane asked me to be on the look out for them for her, so I picked up some for me too and want to try this arrangement with them and see which I like better. I’m thinking the cloth ones are more primitive, but they are a pain in the you no where to make.lol.
That’s all I have for now, and have piles of items waiting for me to get them finished so, as always thanks for stopping by and hope to post some new items soon.
Have a GREAT weekend!