Friday, December 14, 2012

A little sharing:

Happy Friday Blog Friends!

Only 10 days left til Christmas~ Are you ready yet?
 Time just keeps moving along, doesn't it.

As you can see by the pic below, I finally got a tree up.....

Decided to use the small bull-nose pine this year. 
I decorated it with all handmades this year. 
The snowman trio at the base are a new purchase I made at one of the fall craft shows. 
I think they look very happy displayed in their new home. lol......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Below are a few pics of some snowies I've been working on.

I love these little girls! 
I made a few last year and shipped one all the way to England!!

Their dressed in an old vintage quilt top dress I purchased in W. VA over the summer.
The pics make them look more white than they really are~ as usual my photo skills suck!

This snowy was made using a pattern by Robin of Bird in hand primitives~
Hope you don't mind Robin, but I used her little cupid doll pattern and turned him into a snowy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Below is the BEST Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe I have EVER had!
I was watching The Today Show the other day and they had a lady named Gretchen Holt-Witt on talking about her cookie business she started as a fund raiser called "Cookies for Kids Cancer"- Best bake sale cookbook. Beautiful story if you seen it~ and she shared this recipe on The Today Shows website.
You can click on the pic below and it should enlarge to read.
I'm telling you these are the best!!!
If you get a chance, give them a try and let me know what you think.


Well, I think I'm done ready for Christmas. 
Didn't go all out this year, but I like the simpleness. 
I've enjoyed seeing all the pics of fellow blog friends Christmas Decor ~
It seems simplicity is the theme for most. smiling.....

Off to start on Valentine crafts~ I've got some prim dolls waiting for their finishing touches~
I'll share em with you soon.

Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!
Holiday Blessings to you,
Jean




6 comments:

  1. Your tree looks so homespun farmhouse style.Love the little snow folk you made out of the cupid pattern.Did you do any black cupids? If so email me a pic.We are about done here to.Hope to get some snow to take the girls sledding.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, Your tree is so beautiful! I love it!
    Love your snowgirls too, they are prim perfect! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree Jean!
    I was going to keep it simple this year ~ but couldn't help myself ~ I just love trees and the glow of lights.
    Your revamped cupid doll is soooo cute ~ I'm sure Robin won't mind ~ your suppose to let your creative juices flow. Your other snowfolk are adorable too!
    I'll have to book mark the recipe ~ Thanks!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin
    P.S. I'm not even close to being done or ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowman tree! I hope you have a very merry Christmas, Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable Christmas tree, Love snowman. I too am starting on Valentines. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Jean - I LOVE your snowies!! I don't know why you need to buy any when you make such amazing things!! But I do agree, your tree is great....and they do look right at home. My fave of yours, though, is the last one....Adorable! Wishing you a Merry Christmas as well - wow....all ready already? I have started....except for a little decorating prompted by the Merriment Chain (or else there would be NONE....) - have papers and tests to grade, final grades to calculate/submit, syllabus to do and then....the marathon begins in earnest....Never have I been so behind....HELP! Smiles & Merry Hugs ~Robin

    ReplyDelete