Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Boy time flies.

Hi Blog Friends,

Gonna be another hot day here in the valley, as I’m sure most of you are experiencing the same high temps.

Grass cutting and weeding the garden has kept me pretty busy, but I’ve been able to get some crafting in also.

Monday evening I had let my little snooper out to do his business for the night and about five minutes after being out, he started barking non stop ~ so I went out to get him so the neighbors wouldn’t complain and this is what he was barking at!

Do you see them?

wildlife 004

wildlife 005

Across the road from me is a small farmette with two beautiful horses that roam in this fenced field. But to my surprise two beautiful deer got in with the horses and were grazing.

wildlife 008 sorry for the blurry pic.wildlife 007

Cars were going by and looking at the beautiful sight too. Then a motorcycle came and spooked them all and the deer ran up into the back field.  This was the first time I’d ever seen anything like this.

This was a great find I bought at the flea market this past weekend.

021022

An old slant top lap desk. I paid $1.00 for it!

Look at the inside!

023024

Love the vintage cloth lining and the old paper was in it too. Pretty cool and the color on the exterior is a gray chippy paint. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet, but for the price I couldn’t resist.

Here’s a few pics of the things I’ve been working on.

020015

Prim strawberry pie with mouse! I used the strawberry pattern from Deb at Paxton Valley Folk Art.

014 

Strawberry pinkeep on a fabric covered box. My own design.

012

Patriotic pocket stars. Made with a pattern by A Simpler Time.

028

Americana Rabbit made with Crows Roost Prims pattern and stacked stars.

031

Uncle Sam doll~ pattern by Chestnut Junction.

Lecia over at Farmhouse Prims and I are getting together tomorrow (Thursday). She’s gonna cut and style my hair and I made her a sweet meadows farm standing prairie doll. I can’t wait for Lecia to see this doll, as I think she turned out beautiful! Sorry you’ll have to wait til Lecia posts her on her blog. I don’t want to spoil the surprise of her seeing her. Lecia does know I made her one though. We’re going to lunch afterwards and I’m so excited to meet up with her again.

I’m gonna make a few prairie dolls to sell so I’ll be working on more of the dolls this week and I also have a bunch of fall things I’m working on.

Have a great rest of the week and stay safe with all this terrible weather!

Blessings,  Jean

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find for a dollar!The fabric is beautiful!Enjoy your day with Lecia tommorow.Love all your goodies youve been working on too.Big hugs michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the deer and horses didn't seem to mind each other:) That's a yummy looking strawberry pie with mouse, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, that wonderful desk would be perfect for you to sketch patterns at or do finishwork from and store your supplies inside! Love it! Your dolls are awesome - have fun with Lecia! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean,
    What nice prim projects you have been working on. Love all of them. Hope you have fun over at Lecia's. It's nice that you two live close enough to visit besides blog.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great projects Jean! I love that great big strawberry! And that slant top desk is an amazing find . . . for a buck?! . . . I'd love to come across that vendor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo!! That desk was a find and then some!! I LOVE that fabric inside....hope you can salvage that! Your creations are adorable Jean!!! That little strawberry pinkeep, the Americana bunny - Uncle Sam.....Yikes I want them all!! Say "hey" to Lecia! How fun is that! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean,
    The strawberry pie with the mouse is so cute!! Love the star pocket...I have that pattern too and now I want to go make me one. LOL... You make such wonderful creations!!
    Have fun with Lecia!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jean, I love the pictures of the deer with horses! What an awesome find, I love that desk.And of course I love everything that you have been working on esp. the star pocket and Uncle Sam!!! You are so talented. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete