Monday, October 11, 2010

A Few New Crafts Done…

Hi Everyone, Hope your week is starting off well. It’s been just gorgeous her in the valley for the past several days. I took advantage of the fall/summery days and worked out in the garage on some wood crafts.

001 008

First I made this prim style open front jelly cupboard.  I base coated it black with a neutral sand coat wisped on top. I just love how it turned out!! What do you think? I put it in my selling booth today, so I hope someone will love it as much as I do.

thumb_pg01 thumb_simplegatherings

I ordered two new books from Piney Creek Primitives. They were only $4.00 each plus shipping. They have lots of neat things to make from wood as well as fabric!! Click on the name for the link.

003 These are from the book Kind Olde Greetings.  Work in progress!! 004

009 010

Here they are completed!! I used my dremmel tool to carve out the facial features of both the cats and jax. It’s hard to see them in the pics.

005 007 This is a Santa in progress….. He is over 4ft tall. I’ve always wanted to try my hand at making one’s just like this but never had a pattern until now.

The books also have lots of snowmen and I hope to get to tomorrow.

001 Here’s one of the cloth patterns in the books.  A sweet prim Angel shelf sitter/door hanging. She whipped up in no time. I also made a cat face ornie but already sold it and forgot to take a pic of it. I’ll be making more of them and will post a pic for you to see later.

The weatherman said we will have one to two more days of this nice sunny weather, then cooling down again. So I’ll take full advantage of it will it lasts.

Have a great week and thank you for stopping by to see what I’ve been up to.

Prim Blessings,

Jean

 

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the black jelly cupboard - wish I was close enough to stop at the shop to buy it!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed with the jelly cabinet. It looks great and shouldn't last long in your selling booth.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cabinets Jean, I have to stop by your shop one day!!!! Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete