Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just a quick Hello....

Hi Blog Friends,
I just wanted to post a quick Hello and let you all know I am feeling better and working on some new items. Once I have them finished I'll post some pics for ya.  I am so behind on everything, loosing two weeks dealing with this infection, I wasn't able to do a thing and I hate just lying around. lol.

I started feeling better on Saturday and I had this old mattress I wanted to cut open to get the springs out of., so since it was a cool fall day I thought that would be the perfect thing to do. It took me both Saturday and Sunday to cut all the springs out. I did not realize they would be coiled together with wire, I thought they were tied with rope, silly me. It was a lot of work, but I know have about 270 bed springs. I may sell some of them if any one's interested. I'll have to get some pics together for ya.

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and concerns.
Gotta get back to sewing and painting. Post again soon.

Prim Blessings,
Jean

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Can't wait to see what you do with the bed springs!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean: Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Wondered where you purchase the orange homespun that you wrapped my goodies with? a quilt shop? I bought the same fabric at an antique/fabric shop but they are out and I am low...and they don't know the manufacturer...do you know who makes it? thanks!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean so glad you are feeling better, oh I use to gather sets and sets of those springs and strip them down and sell as well as use them. blisters oh my LOL
    I wanted to let you know I got my goodies this evening when hubby got home.....our mail box is down the road and I have to wait until he gets home.........oh I love love everything thank you so much. I will be blogging about it in the morning?? well if I have internet looks like it is going to storm for awhile for us here in Oklahoma.......NASTY weather..they just went through a town about 15 miles away and told the people in a mobile park to evacuate?? so we may be visiting our cellar tonight.....and I thought it was over with??

    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Girl, that's lots of bed springs! I wish I had more time to create, I would buy some from you. But if I did, I know they would sit and I don't have anywhere to store them. Maybe next year when my 'lil guy is in school all day instead of half-days I'll have more time. I just love all the make-do's I always see with the springs. The rustic look if very prim. Well, have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete